Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's a wedding....it's a start! (pt. 2)



Photos by James Panegasser
created with Paper Girl

5x5 Pocketfold with double layered invitation
Enclosing Envelope
1 1/4" monogrammed ribbon sash
4 bar response postcard
Map card with points of interest
registries card


I always knew that I would want to be an involved bride, but I didn't realize how important the details could be until the day that I started working on my own invitations. I spent a lot of time researching different invitation styles to find just the right mix of information and "us" in it and I realized that setting the tone for Blake's and my big day was just too much to put on something that just anyone could order off the internet. After I designed each of the elements, I had the joy of meeting with an invitation consultant who I intended to have help me through the process. She listened, she examined, she advised and I lit up. It was the first time that I was truly excited about my wedding and I knew that I wanted to be give other people the gift that she was giving to me - a truly personal touch, a trust that she would illuminate in print, with embellishments, and love - a tangible happiness that felt like "us." (Thanks Rachel at Paper Girl!)

a.

No comments: